It’s grey in Seattle. And chilly. I’m sitting here in my office, contemplating grabbing a sweater.
For the record, I’m already wearing jeans and a t-shirt. But it’s in the high sixties in here, and I have goosebumps. It’s out of sheer stubbornness that I don’t grab a cardigan, because it is July, and that sort of thing is just not acceptable for this time of year.
Indeed, it hasn’t been the most summery of summers.
Supposedly Memorial Day weekend was nice, but Rand and I weren’t here for that. Instead, we popped down to Oregon, and spent that weekend in Portland and Astoria, where it was – you guessed it – chilly and grey.
But I don’t need the sun to have fun. These pictures are proof of that.
They are also proof that my husband in the cutest thing in the world. As though there was any doubt.
- Driving to Astoria (road near Longview, WA).
- Old wooden pillars in the harbor, Astoria.
- Flower bouquets, Astoria Sunday Market.
- Rand the Explorer, walking the boardwalk in Seaside, OR.
- Old bottles, Phog Bounders Antique Mall, Astoria.
- Roasted lamb platter, Drina Daisy Restaurant, Astoria.
- “Mattress Bargains” window display, Astoria.
- Rand being frigging adorable, Portland.
- View from the rooftop deck of the Hotel Elliott, Astoria.
- Obligatory kissing photo, on the road to Astoria, OR.