I am officially phoning this one in. I know, I know – it’s completely and utterly lame of me, but let’s be fair: no one is really working this week, unless eating Christmas cookies and shopping can somehow constitute work (it sadly does not, otherwise I’d be making overtime). So rather than post something brand spanking new, I’d like to highlight some old posts from Decembers past.
“But Geraldine,” you cry, “I’ve read all of your archives numerous times! I’ve memorized everything you’ve ever written.” And in reply I will simply smile and ride off on a winged pony.
Yeah, I know. I don’t have a winged pony. But no one’s read all my archives, either.
Anyway, please enjoy. I’ll be back tomorrow with an all new round-up, and reflections on the year that was. After that I’ll be offline until January 2nd, working on a secret project codenamed “Eating Cookies.” (Spoiler: the project consists mostly of eating cookies. Also, drinking milk.)
- On a freezing cold night last December, Rand and I strolled through Chicago’s Millennium Park.
- While visiting my aunt and uncle for the holidays, I decide to clean out their medicine cabinet. Two words: Corn Salve.
- Twilight board games, drunk dancing, and the magic of last Christmas.
- In case you needed definitive proof that my family is crazier than yours.
- 10 photos from Seattle’s 2010 SnOMG snow storm (yes, we called it that. Forgive us.)
- I found last year’s holiday decorations in San Francisco’s Union Square to be baffling, at best.