My husband is a non-believer.
I don’t mean to say he isn’t religious. At least, I don’t mean to just say that he isn’t religious. There are lots of things that Rand doesn’t believe in or ascribe to. Here is a short list:
- Tarot cards
- Palm readers
- Any type of healing that involves crystals
- Putting sugar in your tea/coffee/booze
- Using coupons
- Pre-rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher
- PUTTING DIRTY CLOTHES IN THE GODDAMN HAMPER INSTEAD OF LEAVING THEM IN A PILE OF THE GROUND (Ahem.)
- The afterlife
- Taking vitamins
- Holding your breath while driving through tunnels
- The existence of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, or any other awesome and totally real creature
- Listening to the nagging feeling in the pit of your stomach
- Obeying the GPS
He’s perfectly respectful of people who do believe in those things. I’ve never heard him ever disparage the views of those who think differently than he (as long as those views aren’t intolerant in and of themselves).