Blerg. This marks day three of being sick, and if the blog’s been a little slow lately, it’s because I’ve been even slower. To add insult to injury, my computer also decided to get sick, and is now at my hubby’s office, undergoing a thorough examination. I hope for a speedy recover for both it and myself.
In the meantime, I’m trying to figure out how, exactly, I’m going to leave for San Francisco tomorrow, and if the sinus pressure in my brain coupled with the pressurized cabin of the plane will somehow cause my brain to explode. I’m undecided, but leaning towards yes.
And since I’ve been doing nothing but watching reruns of What Not to Wear on demand, I can’t really tell you of anything interesting that’s been going on in the world of travel. But I can tell you that empire-waisted tops elongate your legs. So … that’s something.
And here’s some more stuff that might be helpful or interesting to you. I’m too clouded by a NyQuil hangover to assess their value objectively …
- Yesterday, our local chapter of the Make-a-Wish foundation helped a Seattle boy be a superhero for a day. And gave me one more reason why, despite the rain and crappy weather, I would never want to live anywhere else.
- In yet more Seattle awesomeness, check out this video of the Glee flash mob that assembled in Westlake Center a few weeks ago.
- Alaska Air and Horizon Airlines are now charging for checked baggage. For the record, my suitcase is smaller than most standard carry-ons, and doesn’t always fit in their overhead compartments. Oh, and they have yet to reply to my inquiry about this.
- In an ultimate example of NOT UNDERSTANDING IRONY, KFC is selling pink buckets of chicken to help donate money towards breast cancer research. Because obesity and heart disease are preferable to cancer, I guess. Also, the buckets don’t actually translate to donations. That’s so lame, I’m speechless.
- Sigh … I don’t even know how to explain this. On the one hand, it’s far less scary than other fan-related art that’s been created with my husband in mind. On the other hand … it’s weird. Apparently a billboard in New Zealand (advertising Dove for Men) featured a model that bears a resemblance to my husband. And folks had some fun with the idea. Just click on the link. I can’t explain it any better than that.
- The blogatrix behind Solo Female Traveler has some great tips for visiting the Pyramids on your own, without getting hassled … too much.
- I made this for my friend Chrissy’s 30th birthday present. Have a fantastic day, babe. I’m sorry my sudden outbreak of consumption is prevent me from hanging out with you.
Blogging may be sporadic next week, on account of my computer getting sick. I’ll keep you posted …