10 pics from our New York Trip
Perhaps I’ve been to one-too-many museums, and that’s the reason why this next group of photos is a weensy bit artsy. Not artistic mind you, but artsy. The difference? One rhymes with fartsy.
- Rockerfeller Center (I think. I sometimes don’t pay proper attention to these things).
I was going to photoshop a tiny Spiderman into this pic, but that wouldn't be accurate. He wasn't there today.
- Wardrobe malfunction, The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
There was a statue of Justin Timberlake just out of view, looking mortified.
- Display of cameras, The Lab NYC.
As the kids would say, this is, like, TOTALLY META. (Fact: I don't know what meta means.)
- Old horror movie poster, Chelsea.
The good news is that Global Warming will kill us all before this is an issue.
- Self-portrait on honeycomb installation, Metropolitan Museum of Art.
This is how Jeff Golblum sees the world.
- Vintage phone display for door-to-door salesmen, The Lab NYC.
We had a rotary phone when I was a kid, so I hesitate to call them (and myself) "vintage."
- Looking for a mate, Meat-Packing District
Try not to look so desperate, darling. Your match will come along, I'm sure.
- Crooked entryways, Chelsea Market
This was a solid wall until that damn Kool-Aid man came along.
- Sarah Palin wuz here, near The High Line.
It's not stupid. It's folksy and endearing.
- Obligatory self-portrait with Rand.
In which we are not as cute as we usually are, but perhaps that's the ravages of time.