I know I’ve accosted you all with photo after photo of Hayman Island and the Great Barrier Reef. I hope you’ll forgive me if I post a few more, before moving on to Sydney.
Because, damn it, the islands were just lovely and maybe, just maybe, I want to squeeze my eyes shut and pretend that we’re still there. Except that this time it’s a little more affordable, and (as long as we’re dreaming) I look fabulous in a bikini, and there’s tons of free cake and baby sea turtles for everyone! (For clarification, I do not wish to eat the sea turtles. I only wish that they were frolicking around so that we could enjoy gazing at them while eating free cake.)
- Rand walking on the beach at Hayman Island before a storm.–
- View from our seaplane during our tour of the reef.
- The gears and dials on the cockpit of our seaplane.
- The pool at Hayman Island, just before a storm.–
- Heart-shaped reef in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Rand strikes a pose on our seaplane, Whitsunday Airport.
- Bleached out husk of a grasshopper, Hayman Island.
- Another view of the Great Barrier Reef from our seaplane because ZOMG GREAT BARRIER REEF.–
- Underwater cuddle while snorkeling in Blue Pearl Bay II.
- Above water cuddle, ibid.
Aaaaand, that’s it, folks! Time for Sydney. 🙂