I Was Away. Now I’m Back.
Remember me? I’ve been away for a while. The last two weeks have been absolute madness. Here’s just some of the things we did:
- Rand drove on English country roads and no one died as a result of his actions
- I met relatives that I didn’t even know I had (though disappointingly, not in a “VC Andrews secret pregnancy” kind of way).
- I ate a plate of pasta that was mostly truffles and now all other food depresses me.
- We spent the Fourth of July just outside of London, watching some dear friends get hitched (and then made fools of ourselves on the dance floor, because ‘Murica.)
- Got really mad at British Airways, which is about as effective as screaming at a bar of soap.
- WENT TO NUMEROUS PRINCESS BRIDE FILMING LOCATIONS AND NOW LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Ahem:
Oh, and last night I emceed an event at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. I stood on a stage where Yo Yo Ma, Pearl Jam, and Sir-Mix-A-Lot have all played, and I made terrible jokes about frosting. Here’s a photo that my friend Cyrus took of me on his cell phone:
Please note that there are actually people in the audience, and none of them are throwing anything at me. It’s been more than 12 hours, and I have yet to receive word that I’ve been banned from the venue, so I’m calling this a win.
More details on everything soon. But I’m still fighting jet lag and doing laundry and contemplating changing out of pajamas (it’s a losing battle).